Thursday, July 30, 2009

I cant open a removable drive by double clicking it in my computer. Why?

Ok.. so i insert the removable drive into a working slot, and go into my computer. (I know when you first insert a removable drive it auto. loads the open page, but that isnt my concern) . so i go in my computer, and double click the correct drive. a Popup says Please go into control panel and install the components, or sumthin like that.. I JUST (10 mins ago) put a new partition on the new computer i bought, but it does it on the other computer i had for 2 years, all other stuff works. I tried going to add components, but i didnt know what to do so i gave up.. Im just wundering how you can get it back to the point that i can open a drive without going to explore.





P.S I can double click open C: (my only hard drive inside the comp.

I cant open a removable drive by double clicking it in my computer. Why?
I think you have a virus or viruses on your system...this is a common problem..even i have faced them..many differend kinds of problems with opening a removable drive(pen drive for eg..) all due to viruses. but to be sure u...try using that removable drive on someone elses computer and if it work you have viruses for sure...a "worm" most probably..


Get a good and UPDATED AV and scan your system (Most recommended are Panda,McAfee,Kaspersky...But NEVER Norton..it SUCKS big time)..


No comments:

Post a Comment