Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do I fix a bad registry that won't allow me to double click drives in 'My Computer'??

I can't open my drives (c: d: f:) etc. when I am in 'My Computer'. I'm sure that the reg files have been altered probably by a virus or spyware or trojan. When I double-click on c: drive for example, it only comes up with the option to open it with the list of other programmes. I can access my drives in other ways, but all the same I want to remove (or replace) the reg file so that my system is healthy and free from hackers, virus, worms etc.


Any ideas or suggestions?


Btw, I have run Kaspersky and Regcure to repair the problems but the problem is still on my computer

How do I fix a bad registry that won't allow me to double click drives in 'My Computer'??
run system file checker
Reply:unless your clued up on using the registry, I recon don't fu k with it too much. If you have a bootable windows disk try a reinstalation, after you save your important data on something portable.


No comments:

Post a Comment