Monday, May 24, 2010

Question Double intake of antibiotic?

my dad is under medication due to phlegm on the lungs..now he's getting better.


an antibiotic given by d doctor w/c must be taken every 12 hours.


he began @ 10am then 10pm %26amp; so on.my mom usually erases d time in d log book 2 make sure dad has taken that medicine in that particular hour.


10pm was the next intake,when i woke up @ 12:30am found out that the log book where the time is being logged was not erased, i assumed my mom forgot dad should take the medicine at 10pm. what i did was ask my dad 2 take the medicine.when my mom woke up at 5am, i told her dad already took the medicine supposed to be at 10pm.my mom told me she forgot to erase on the logbook that she already asked dad to take the med at 10pm.so it was a double intake of an antibiotic.this only happened once that time but only in the span of 1 and 1/2 hours...so what effect would this be?


not at all bad effect since it only happened once?after that,i told my mom she be in charge of the meds already to avoid confusion.

Question Double intake of antibiotic?
don't worry about it -- the double dose isn't going to hurt him.





It is great that you are doing the log so he takes it on time.


No comments:

Post a Comment