Monday, May 24, 2010

Double major in international business and accounting...thoughts?

im currently 'pre-business' b/c i need to fill out an app to get into the business program at my school. im a freshman currently, and next year i plan on starting my double major as international business and accounting because as my advisor explained, not many business come to my college and recruit for intl biz majors(hence a sure thing in accounting), so its better to also focus on another major. apparently i will most likely not graduate in 4 years, but what i really want to know is am i making a wise decision, or should i focus on just one major? are one or the other a waste of time? my main desire is to travel, especially to spanish-speaking countries so id appreciate any thoughts.

Double major in international business and accounting...thoughts?
It doesn't matter.


If you want to travel make sure you speak other languages and express an interest for working as an expat.





It'd be more helpful to take foreign language classes or do a foreign language minor (or even major!)
Reply:If you really wanna travel, why not get a course on international studies or something? My best friend majors in European Studies and she gets to learn different languages. Or as one person said, why not study foreign language? Just a thought.





Anyway, but if you really wanna take a business course, I guess international business is fine. It might make you employable in other countries as well. As for accounting, I'm not sure if it will make you employable in other countries. My best friend (same one I referred to earlier), majored in International Studies AND Accounting when she was studying here. But when she moved to Australia, the accounting subjects that she took here weren't credited and she had to take up everything again including the basics. This is because accounting may differ in different countries.





I'm basing my answer on your statement that your main desire is to travel. :) hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment