Saturday, May 22, 2010

In ITunes, how do I get rid of the double and triple songs created by external hard drive????????

My husband installed an external hard drive a while back. For some reason, we have doubles and sometimes triples of our songs on Itunes. Does anyone know how to make them all on the hard drive and not on the C drive and get rid of the doubles, or, alternatively the other way around? When I try to delete the extras, on the songs that are left it says it can't recognize where the song is and then I can't play it. Any suggestions?





I would love to know how to just make our music library only have one copy of each song. I can't figure it out for the life of me!

In ITunes, how do I get rid of the double and triple songs created by external hard drive????????
You have to delete them one by one. If there's doubles/ triples on your hard drive, delete the extras and keep one. Go to ITunes, then click on the song, if it has a exclamation mark and says can't find it would you like to locate it, say cancel, then you have to delete it manually with the delete key.
Reply:You might have to delete the songs one by one and leave one copy of the song left on there though...but I've never had that problem thats what I think.

garden state

No comments:

Post a Comment