Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have some EXCEL sheets with the "C" column filled with some numbers.?

How can I double those values with a sigle clik. I don;t want to do it manually because I'll spend a lot of time ! PLease help me.


I need a formula who can double all my values form my C column !

I have some EXCEL sheets with the "C" column filled with some numbers.?
Here is a solution - not one click, but not manual, either:





Go to the top row in a nearby empty column. Type in the formula =C1*2 and press enter. This will give you the double of the value in cell C1. Now, to replicate this formula down the entire spreadsheet ...





1) Click on the cell with the formula you just typed.


2) You should see a box around the cell with a little square in the lower right-hand corner.


3) Click and hold this little square, and "drag" it down your entire spreadsheet in that column. This will bring this formula to each other row, giving you the double of each number in column C.
Reply:Another way to do this without adding a column and using a formula per se. Go to an empty cell and enter in 2. Copy. Then select column C, select Paste Special - then under Operation press Multiply. That will multiply everything by 2. You can go back and delete that cell with the 2 in it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment